NextGen ICS Application – Icon Toolbar
The NextGen® ICS program is designed to allow users the ability to scan hard copy paper documentation or import digital files from removable, network, or local media into the patient’s electronic chart. The Icon Toolbar at the top of the ICS application contains the most commonly used ICS functions. The following is a description of the icons commonly found on the Icon Toolbar.
- Search (Image Lookup) - This option is similar to the “Patient Lookup” inside the other NextGen applications, but the Image Search will only display patients who have at least one image filed within their charts. This is NOT designed as a patient lookup window, only an IMAGE lookup.
The “Advanced” button at the bottom right of the Image Lookup window will allow a more detailed search for images that were scanned or filed by a specific user on a specific date or within a specified time interval.
- Custom Chart - Custom Chart allows the user to configure custom searches to be used at a later time. Custom Chart configurations are set up per user by accessing the User Preferences under Admin -> Preferences -> User within the ICS application. Multiple custom searches can be created for one user and the custom searches will need to be configured before using the Custom Chart icon. When Custom Chart is selected on the tool bar, the first search in the custom search listing will be run, but the other searches can be accessed within the results window.
- Batches - The Batches icon allows the user the ability to review open scanned batches. A batch is a group of documents for multiple patients or multiple document types for one patient scanned into the system as one large batch. Batches which are not filed immediately after scanning are saved in the system as open and can be filed at a later time. New batches can also be started from the open batch view by clicking on the menu button to the left of the open batch list.
- Scan & File - The Scan & File icon allows the user a quick and easy way to scan one document type for one patient. The scanned document type can be multiple pages, but all pages will be filed collectively as one document. For Scan & File, the system generates the batch name automatically as “QuickScan” because it is intended to be filed right away.
- Active Patient - The Active Patient icon allows the user to quickly synchronize the ICS application to whatever patient chart is currently selected in EPM or EHR.
- Reports - As in other NextGen applications, memorized reports can be crated. The Reports icon allows the user to run specific ICS-based, memorized reports related to lost documents, productivity, and PAQ signoff status. Memorized reports would need to be configured through before using the icon by accessing and saving report criteria through Reports in the main tool bar.
- EHR - The EHR icon allows the user to quickly open or toggle back to the NextGen EHR application.
- EPM - The EPM icon allows the user to quickly open or toggle back to the NextGen EPM application.
- Practice - The Practice icon allows the user to easily change to a different practice within their enterprise.